jueves, 22 de mayo de 2008

HISTORIAS DEL CIBERESPACIO

García-Alix, autorretrato. ( "No me sigas,estoy perdido")



“ YOUR Stories ”(…)


2. # 2 Liam Canetti said:


In 1986 I fell in love with Iciar, a woman from Seville. We were in our late teens. I was rambling in Spain, the home of my maternal grandparents. I met Iciar at La Casa Pata, at the time the only place in Madrid providing a venue for young, non-traditional Flamenco artists. I am a flamenco maniac. Iciar was mad about Spanish rock , especially the boom that exploded a few years after dictator Franco’s death.I knew nothing about rock en español. On our first date she gave me a hand-painted 90-minute Fuji cassette tape that featured on its cover Iciar’s beautiful drawing of a Madrid’s Plaza Mayor (where we had agreed to meet that night) rendered as the stage for a rock trio.
For me, Iciar’s tape was an epiphany twice over. A revelation of extraordinary music, I figured it also revealed Iciar in all her glory. Antonio Vega, Gabinete Caligari, Waq, Los Rápidos, Albert Plá, Ray Heredia, La Polla Records, Semen Up, Los Hombres G, Mecano. At first I didn’t understand most of their lyrics. Iciar patiently deciphered their mysteries for me until we became lovers. Then she became the only mystery. I lost the cassette in 1998, somewhere between Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

No hay comentarios: